Wellness for Law is a ‘not for profit’ organisation supporting lawyers with bespoke education and training to maintain and optimise their health and wellbeing.
The Mental Health Wellness Course has been specifically designed, peer reviewed and accredited to assist those practicing at the Bar and staff working within chambers and organisations supporting the profession.
The Course is delivered by a psychological trainer, with extensive experience of working with high performing professionals.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
1. Knowledge of what mental health is and common mental health issues.
2. Specific understanding of some of the pressures experienced by Barristers and those working with the Bar.
3. Ability to identify and respond to mental health issues in yourself and others.
4. Signposting for support and further guidance to aid recovery.
1. Mental Health Awareness.
2. Understanding Stress and Pressure.
3. Common mental health issues. (anxiety & depression, addiction, self-harm)
4. Specific challenges to mental health & wellbeing at the bar.
5. Looking after your own and others mental health.
6. Recognising mental health symptoms in yourself and others.
7. Responding to mental health concerns.
8. Signposting for support and further guidance.
9. Return to work and supporting colleagues in the workplace.
10. Top tips for maintaining and managing mental health.
The course is delivered via interactive learning with both core teaching and applied problem based scenarios. It uses reflective and group work to engage the participants.
A detailed workbook guides the participants through the learning with a comprehensive pack of materials, including the slides with note space, scenarios, workbook, certification and poster/leaflets for their workplace.
The course signposts to the range of resources for support, from those provided by the Profession, to the NHS.
Duration is 2.5 hours (flexibly accommodating the participants with day/eve delivery) and can be delivered ‘in house’ with the provision of a projector, flip chart and conference room capable of holding the minimum number of participants, or at 218 The Strand.
£65 per person inclusive of certificate, training materials and refreshments.
Minimum no: 12 Max: 20
Booking or Enquiries:
For booking dates or enquires please contact Rosie@Wellnessforlawuk.org
Will be supplied on confirmation of the number of attendees, with the trainer certificating the participants after successful completion.
The course delivery and content are the copyright of Wellness for Law.