- This event has passed.
Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance – Free Online Course – To Start on 2nd October 2017
Learn mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve performance
A collaboration between FutureLearn from the UK and Monash University in Australia
Stressed by the pace of modern life? Mindfulness might be the answer. Research shows that when you’re not deliberately paying attention to something, your brain goes into default mode causing increased anxiety and poor communication. Mindfulness can help end this unproductive behaviour. In this online course, you’ll learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life, to reduce stress and improve your personal and professional life.
What topics will you cover?
- The problem of unmindfulness
- Research on mindfulness
- Mindful stress reduction and managing emotions
- Improving work and study performance
- Mindfulness in memory and learning
- Cultivating self-compassion and emotional health
- Mindful communication
- Relationships and empathy
- Mindfulness as a way of life